Changes to American travelers from Mexico and Canada

Starting 1st of June, if no changes happen, Americans who are entering the United States by land or sea from Mexico or Canada will be asked for passport, passport card, or some other special document for US entrance clearance. Previously, US travelers coming back from Mexico, Canada, the Caribbean or Bermuda had only to show birth certificate or other citizenship proof, plus a government-issued photo ID. After the new deadline, a passport or similar document is needed just as air travelers are required.

Problem is, there are lots of frequent travelers back and forth to those destination, and who may not hold acceptable papers for entry, and neither will have heard of the changes by then.

Source and more on the story here.

It's only fair to share...Share on Reddit
Tweet about this on Twitter
Share on Facebook
Email this to someone
Share on Tumblr